Addiction Recovery Center
Established in 2009
Locally Owned and Operated
Awaken to Healing in the Desert
Successfully Treating Drug & Alcohol Issues, Mental Health Disorders, Eating Disorders, Sex Addiction & Relationship Issues
Call for a free consultation
UPCOMING TRAININGS AND WORKSHOPS
Email information@DesertStarARC.com for more information on any of the listed workshops.
Each Networking Breakfast provides 1.5 continuing education units.
February 3, 2023
Bahney Debolph: Advocacy in Trying Times: How to build relationships and make change happen!
May 12, 2023
To Be Announced
Tucson Behavioral Health Professionals Networking Breakfast
Friday, February 3rd, 2023
Westward Look Resort
245 E. Ina
Tucson, AZ 85704
Register online by Wednesday, 02/02 5pm
$30 per person
$35 for walk-ins
Refunds will be processed up to the registration dead-line, minus the EventBrite fee. Email or call via info below to cancel.
Desert Star Addiction Recovery Center has been approved by the NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP no 6887. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Desert Star ARC is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
Please contact Nicole Velasco at NVelasco@DesertStarARC.com with questions.
Advocacy in Trying Times:
How to build relationships and make change happen!
We will be discussing advocacy, likely upcoming changes to AZ public policy that may impact the mental health field, and how to effectively advocate for or against public policies. We will also discuss the AZ State legislative process including time frame, committee chairs, legislative processes and how to get your voice heard to effectively make changes.
- Understand the impact of the November 2022 election on state and federal advocacy efforts
- Understand the basics of the legislative process and building relationships with elected officials regardless of party
- Get a heads up on what is currently happening at the state legislature and how providers can engage and make systemic change happen
This presentation provides 1.5 continuing education hours.
Bahney Debolph LCSW, Bahney is a social worker with almost 5 decades of experience behind her in direct service, program management, and advocacy. She built a grassroots network of advocates and successfully passed good legislation and worked to avoid bad legislation. Bahney moved to AZ in 1996 to take a position with the Arizona Coalition to End Domestic Violence (now the Arizona Coalition to end Sexual and Domestic Violence). She also worked for the Arizona Council of Human Service Providers. During her time with the Arizona Council, she helped pass Medicaid Expansion, reform and restructuring of the Board of Behavioral Health Examiners, made it easier to co-locate physical and behavioral health providers for integrated care, and worked closely with the Department of Child Safety to provide better services to children and their families. “All of my efforts in both positions were designed to make systemic or macro level change happen to better serve individuals and families.”
Breakfast Buffet Menu
- Local Cubed Fruit & Berries Fresh Cut Strawberry and Toasted Oats Parfait – Goat Milk Yogurt
- Farm Fresh Scrambled Eggs – Cheddar Cheese and Chives
- Smoked Bacon and Pork Sausage
- Shallot & Thyme Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
- Breakfast Pastries – Fruit Filled and Cheese Danish, Croissants, Muffins, Streusel Coffee Cake
- Brick Oven Bagels – Cream Cheese, Scottish Smoked Salmon Spread, Chive Spread, Sweet Butter, Marmalade
- Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice & Watermelon Minted Fresca
- Freshly Brewed Regular and Decaffeinated Coffee, Assorted Hot Teas